Keep your Central Nervous System (CNS) separate from the dis-regulation around you — whether it’s an anxious aunt or a parent who knows how to say just the right thing to trigger you, remind yourself that your CNS/brain is entitled to stay regulated and calm. It’s yours and you can protect it.
easy stress management techniques
- Take space — a great way to help your CNS stay separate from others' is to get up and move. Go to the bathroom, take a short walk, volunteer to do the dishes! When your CNS experiences room to breath, it willcalm down.
- Stay in touch with your body — we get angry, anxious or depressed when we lose track of our felt experiencethen get triggered and believe the triggered feelings are meaningful about the here-and-now (they’re not; they’re old). Breathing deeply is a good way to stay in touch with feelings and help calm us.Cold compress on the back of the neck is good calming tool.
- Focus on the people you enjoy — our brains want to focus on the people whom it considers dangerous or that need to be 'monitored' This habit will just lead to the same old bad feelings. Encourage yourself to focus on relating with the people who are open, cheerful, or kind. That may mean you’re on the floor playing with the kids for an hour! The other option is to focus on mutually enjoyable subjects and get up and excuse yourself when difficult topics are brought up.
- Come in for a tune-up neurofeedback session or rent a neurofeedback equipment for home use — neurofeedback training is a great antidote to the stressors. Neurofeedback helps your central nervous system stay open, calm and out of those fight/flight/freeze feelings: anger, worry, and hopelessness.
Special offer for NYC Neurofeedback Training: Click here to schedule a Saturday Session at reduced cost!
Neurofeedback For Stress
What is Neurofeedback Training?
NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback trains the brain to function optimally by using present-moment information rather than habituated, often maladaptive, response patterns. During training the brain uses visual and auditory information offered by NeurOptimal to re-organize itself and release old patterns of “stuckness.” The result is effortless transformation with little unwanted effects. Clients train for a variety of reasons: peak performance, alleviation of symptoms, emotional issues, learning problems, and personal/spiritual growth.The benefits of neurofeedback are feeling calmer, less anxiety and depression, feeling more at ease, increased motivation and ability to accomplish tasks.
How Does Neurofeedback Work?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Natalie is a certified Advanced NeurOptimal® neurofeedback trainer and is the founder of Neurofeedback Training Co.. She has been working as a psychotherapist in NYC since 1999. Neurofeedback and therapy also available.
Not in New York? Try a session at our other locations or rent a Neurofeedback Equipment for Home Use!
- Boulder Neurofeedback Training with NeurOptimal Neurofeedback Trainer Joy Om
- Neurofeedback Equipment Los Angeles: Try a session in LA at low cost and then decide to rent a neurofeedback home unit.