One of the first positive shifts from neurofeedback training is improvement in sleep—sleeping more soundly, falling asleep more quickly, not waking up in the middle of the night, and feeling more rested—even when sleep is not the presenting concern. Learn how to improve your sleep with helpful tips.
Neurofeedback for Sleep – How does Neurofeedback Training Improve sleep?
After several sessions of NeurOptimal neurofeedback, your brain is starting to regulate itself more effectively by applying what it is learning in neurofeedback: using the present to decide what to do next, not old habitual information. As a result, at night the brain is “seeing” that the body is tired and safe, therefore, it is OK to switch out of “alert” mode into “rest/repair” mode.
What to do when you can't sleep?
How to improve sleep Habits in 4 steps
- Go to bed and get up roughly at the same time each day (even weekends)
- No stimulating activities just before bed—get that TV out of the bedroom!
- Bed is just for sleeping, decrease associations with non-relaxing activities such as computer work
- When you are ready for bed, do a body scan
Want to get more sleep tips?
Are you sleep deprived?
Causes Of Sleep Deprivation - What Gets In The Way Of Good Sleep?
- Alcohol—it can help you fall asleep but then wake you up later when its metabolized
- Alcohol (get it?!), nicotine, caffeine, antihistamines, alpha blockers, beta blockers, antidepressants
- Upsetting conversations, media input, and movies just before bed
- Heavy, rich meals late in the evening
- Drinking a lot of fluids in evening, which require getting up in the night
If you have sleep issues, neurofeedback training may help. Often considered to be an alternative treatment for sleep disorders. The NeurOptimal™ Neurofeedback system we use at our clinics in NYC, LA and Boulder is often used at sleep clinics.
Rent a Neurofeedback Equipment For Home - Save in Neurofeedback Cost!
The advanced NeurOptimal Neurofeedback Equipment is also available for rent. It's just as effective as the training at any of our clinics. Pick up for free at one of our locations (NYC, LA or Boulder) or have it shipped directly to your home for a small fee.
Want to learn more about the Neurofeedback Equipment we use?
The NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback system is designed to focus on the central nervous system - the hub of all functions in the human body. Therefore, the specific type of problem, be it physical, mental or emotional, becomes less important. It is not surprising then, that clients experience successful outcomes across a broad spectrum of complaints. Watch: What is Neurofeedback?
Our clients typically find NeurOptimal® neurofeedback training effective in resolving issues in five general categories:
- Wellness and Personal Growth (sleep, cope with daily life challenges)
- Slowing the Effects of Brain Aging (memory loss)
- Achieving an Artistic or Athletic Performance Edge
- Help with Specific Cognitive, Emotional, or Physical Challenges (e.g., ADHD, anxiety, chronic pain)
- Enhancing Academic Performance (alleviate symptoms from ADD, ADHD, PTSD disorder, Alzheimers disease, autism, sleep disorders, insomnia and cognitive dysfunction from chemo-therapy. A recent Norwegian study found neurofeedback training to be just as effective as Ritalin for treating children with ADHD).
Neurofeedback Review – What our clients say
"I have been averaging 5-5 1/2 hours of sleep for the past 30 plus years regardless of when I go to sleep. Since starting Neurofeedback, (7 neurofeedback therapy sessions), I have been sleeping later on weekends . . and enjoying a longer deeper sleep on weekdays. I now have to use an alarm clock to get up in the AM. Its still early in my "brain training", but I look forward to noticing what other positive effects i will have as a result. I understand that other participants, have been able to increase their concentration and relieve anxiety. I would recommend reading the literature, and seeing if this program is for you."
– A., Neurofeedback NY patient, NYC, (7 neurofeedback sessions)
Rent a Neurofeedback Home System or Schedule a Session in NY or Boulder, CO.